Sunday, January 15, 2012

Bucket List

I found a show on Netflix the other day called The Buried Life. I'm not sure how many of you have heard of it, but it's really cool. It's a reality show, but a good one. Four boys decided they wanted to live their lives to the fullest, so they made a list of 100 things they wanted to do before they died. The show is filming them trying to accomplish their goals. And every time they try to cross something off their list, they help a stranger fulfill one of their wishes. For example, in the episode where one of them wants to spontaneously get married in Vegas, they help a homeless man reunite with his daughter. And when they try to sneak into a Playboy Mansion party, they help an underfunded school get a computer.

It's a really great show. There are only two seasons of it, but every episode is great. It's the most inspiring show ever. So I started thinking about things I wanted to do before I died.

Here are some things on my list, in no order.

  1. Dive the underwater river in Mexico.
  2. Be invited to speak at TAM or SSA or FFRF or any other skeptic's conference.
  3. Visit the building I stayed in in London.
  4. Do the Color Run.
  5. Be the one to propose.
  6. Befriend a group of Australian men while staying in a hostel.
  7. Splash paint all over the walls of my kid's room with them. Leave it that way if they want.
  8. Climb Machu Picchu.
  9. Teach English abroad. Spain, preferably.
  10. Volunteer for the Make A Wish foundation.
  11. Make a picture wall of memories. All captioned.
So there are some of mine. Post a couple of yours in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. 1. Visit every country in the European Union
    2. Write and publish a book

    I am having trouble thinking right now >> I will post more if I think of them

    ReplyDelete