Sunday, January 22, 2012

Weekly Update: 1/22/2012

Sunday again! Three weeks into the year, time for updates. This was a so-so week, probably because school started up again and I was focused on that more than anything else. Still did okay, though! (Kind of a long post, and not too interesting. Feel free to ignore it!) Comment with how you've been doing so far!

WRITING:
Have some posts, but nothing amazing. Karen's story was pretty great! Ridiculous, but definitely fun to write. But since I've had school and debate, I had to put my story for Danielle on the back burner. Hopefully I can get back to that soon, I really want to finish it! I'm hoping I can get into a good school schedule to make it easier to write more.

FITNESS:
I think I technically kind of did an almost-push up. I don't think I went down quite far enough, but I went down and up better than I had before. I mean, I collapsed and crashed into my nose a second afterwards, but still. Progress. Kind of.

Not much exercise, mostly because of school starting up again and having a migraine all week. I'm in classes all day, and when I get home I just have to sit or lay down to not be in pain. Gahhhhh. It should go away...eventually....probably.....

Still doing a bit here and there, though. Parking farther from places just to walk a bit more, doing a coupe jumping jacks (I want 100 a day, but with a migraine it's more like 1, 2, 3, ohdeargodnodeath), and I've been still working on push-ups every day.

I've been sleeping really well. Since I have to be up at 7 or 7:30 every day, I've been falling asleep around 11 every night. And I'm totally awake when my alarm goes off in the morning. Even on weekends, I keep waking up early and being totally fine with getting up. Weiiiiird. Now I just have to get rid of this migraine and I can actually get up and around in the morning instead of having to take it easy all day.

FOOD:
Still no soda! Two weeks without it, and I haven't been missing it at all. Though, yesterday I was super tempted because I went to get lunch with Mariah during a debate tournament, and the restaurant we found had a super weird soda machine that I wanted to use. But even then, I didn't really want to drink it, I just wanted to use the weird touch-screen soda machine. I also went to the movies a couple days ago, and resisted getting popcorn since I knew it would trigger me into downing a massive soda.

No fast food! I actually hadn't had any in a while anyway, but I know I would have had McDonalds or Burger King or In-N-Out by now if I hadn't decided not to. Especially at school, when all that is so close and all my friends go get it at lunch. All I can eat are fries, soda, and milkshakes, so definitely things to avoid. It's not too hard, though. Fries are good, but whatever, I don't really care if I have them or not. It's more the convenience that makes it difficult. "Five seconds to get cheap food with all my friends before class starts" is so tempting! Bringing my own food has definitely saved me from caving into fast food because of that.

Still drinking a good amount of water. 6-8 glasses a day, I think. And I feel dehydrated when I go too many hours without any, so that keeps me drinking it. I've started liking it more. I used to hate water, and now I crave it more than soda and juice. I still don't particularly enjoy it, but it's not bad and I can drink it mindlessly instead of cringing.

Eating healthyish. Better than before, at least. More vegetables, less junk foods, better-planned meals. Tracking what I eat really helps me figure out what I should be eating. It's easier to realize when I haven't had enough of something, or when I've decided that chocolate=life again.

Weakness: Snickers are the worst. If we have any other form of chocolate, I eat it in normal amounts. If we have Snickers, I'll eat all of them in a day. My mom bought a bag of those little fun-sized ones, and I swear I think I ate the whole thing by myself. Terrible but so worth it.

Accidental food thing: I discovered that the texture of just scrambled egg whites is sooooo much better than the whole egg. I've always liked the taste of eggs, but the texture made me gag. But without the yokes it doesn't feel as gross, so now I've been eating them all the time. I forgot who suggested that I try that, but thank you! Apparently it's also way healthier or something, but that's just a side effect of not wanting to be grossed out by eggs. So delicious.

WEIGHT:
I forgot about this one, haha. I said on the 11th that I wanted to lose a pound or so a week. Since then, I've gone down four or five, I think. But I'm pretty sure it's all from drinking water. We'll see if it changes from there.

WEEKLY CHALLENGE(S):
My first challenge was to bring lunch to school every day for two weeks. I'm only a week into school, but so far I've done it every day. It's much easier than hunting for good gluten-free food near campus. And like I said before, without having my own lunch I'm sure I would have been eating In-N-Out, McDonalds, and Panda Express with my friends instead of pasta, macaroni, bread rolls, fruit, jello, yogurt, and turkey. I'm still not sure how good for me any of my food is, but it's leagues better than french fries or fried rice.

My non-official challenge was to see if I could lift the 15lb weights. And the answer is: nope! Figured, haha. I think most of it really is that I can't do much with a migraine, so I've only touched them a few times. I can do two or three curls with them before I have to set them down because of my head. I'll make this a long-term one, I'll just post whenever I move up to heavier weights.

NEW (NON-OFFICIAL) CHALLENGE:
I still want other things to work on in addition to bringing food to school, since I don't feel like I'm doing much with just that. So for this week, I just want to get a schedule down to make balancing school and goals easier.

That's all the updates I have this week. Don't forget to comment with your progress!

2 comments:

  1. Progress I have made, I have bought the material for my skirt...that's all so far because school is kind pressing on me at this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Brendada! You're making great progress, very proud of ya!
    As for meeeee, I am being much more creative with my spare time! I've started four random little projects and have started on new arrangements and compositions for music! The projects are like documentation for all of the types of things I do, like themed parties, poetry, songs, ect.
    As for the self esteem improvement, it's still very unstable unfortunately. I had a few reminders in the past couple of weeks on why I didn't like myself, which was hard. BUT I found out that when I feel bad about myself, I just need to take time, pull out my ipod and just dance. Dance the feeling aways, haha! It really helps which is nice! :)
    Health - Doing ok! Still bleh but much better! Trying to take care of myself more. I'm sleeping much better and am doing great with eating more food! And I'm cooking alot more tha I used too for my family and such, woohoo! :D
    Ummm, I forgot my fourth task. Oh well! You're doing great Brendada! :)

    ReplyDelete